Curried Coconut Chicken Recipe – Thai Special
This chicken coconut curry recipe features chicken simmered in coconut milk and tomatoes for a mouthwatering hint of the tropics! Goes well with rice and vegetables.
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Total Time1 hr
Curried Coconut Chicken Ingredients :
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewd, diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
How to Make Curried Coconut Chicken
Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir curry powder in hot oil for 1 minute. Stir in onions and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes.
Stir tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato sauce, and sugar into the skillet. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes.