Thai Shrimp Curry Recipe – Thai Special
This easy Thai Shrimp Curry recipe is bursting with layers of great flavor, and is surprisingly easy. Customize the hotness to your own preference.
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time30 min
Thai Shrimp Curry Ingredients :
- 1.5 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4-6 Tbsp Thai red curry paste (see notes for different “HOT” levels)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced into chunks
- 1 15oz can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- cilantro, chopped
- scallion, chopped
- red chili pepper, chopped
- fresh basil leaves
How to Make Thai Shrimp Curry
Heat oil over medium high heat in a pan and sauté shallots for 3-4 minutes. Add Thai red curry paste and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring continuously. Add in ginger and garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
Add in bell peppers and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in coconut milk along with 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
Stir in basil. Taste and adjust the flavor to your liking. At this point you can add more curry paste, soy sauce or sugar and simmer for few more minutes.
Add shrimp and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through. Stir in lime juice. Garnish it with desired garnishes and serve immediately with warm jasmine or basamati rice.