Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup Recipe – Thai Special
This satisfying curry soup is so quick to make and so delicious, you’ll be slurping up every last drop of the creamy broth.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time35 min
Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup Ingredients :
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 6 cups chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 (14 oz.) can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4–5 oz. ramen or rice noodles (see note)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to Make Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
In a dutch-oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, red bell pepper, and carrots. Cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Stir in garlic, ginger, and red curry paste. Cook until fragrant for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Add chicken broth, coconut milk, and fish sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let the mixture come to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles and simmer until tender. Cook time will vary based on the type of noodles. Check the package for directions.
Stir in lime juice and cilantro
Curry Paste: The strength of curry paste varies from brand to brand. I used the Thai Kitchen brand to make this recipe.
Noodles: Ramen or rice noodles work the best in this soup. For ramen noodles, make sure to toss the seasoning if included. For rice noodles, rice stick or pad thai type noodles work great. I do not recommend using ultra-thin noodles, such as vermicelli.