Asian Quinoa Salad Recipe – Asian Special
This bright and healthy Asian Quinoa Salad is great for an easy lunch or dinner. It is also great to take to parties! It is always a hit!
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
For the Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber
For the dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce or tamari sauce low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste (taste before adding salt, you might not need any)
How To Make Asian Quinoa Salad :
Add water, quinoa, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
Place the quinoa in a large bowl and add the cabbage, edamame, red pepper, carrots, and cucumber. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the quinoa salad and stir to combine.
Recipe Note :
Make sure you use tamari for a gluten-free salad, not all soy sauce is gluten-free. This salad is good served at room temperature or chilled.