Thai Chicken Meatballs Recipe – Thai Special
Ground chicken blended with fresh flavors (lemongrass, garlic, ginger & cilantro), these chicken meatballs are a great lunch, dinner or party appetizer!
We love this recipe because it is a different take on your traditional meatball recipe.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time35 min
Thai chicken meatballs Ingredients :
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 3cm piece (15g) ginger, finely grated
- 600g chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tbs coriander root, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) Thai red curry paste
- 1 eggwhite
- 1 cup (50g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 50g green beans, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 150g vermicelli noodles, to serve
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 cup mixed soft herbs, to serve
How to Make Thai chicken meatballs
To make the sauce, combine chilli sauce, lime juice and zest and half the ginger in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
In a food processor, combine chicken, remaining ginger, garlic, lemongrass, coriander root, lime leaves, curry paste, eggwhite and breadcrumbs. Blitz until coarsely chopped.
Transfer to a bowl, add onion and beans and combine. Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls, and place onto a paper-lined tray. Cover and chill for 20 minutes or until firm.
Meanwhile, cook noodles to packet instructions.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over mediumlow heat. In batches, cook meatballs, turning, for 6 minutes, or until cooked through. Add chilli sauce and turn to coat.
Serve the meatballs and noodles with mixed herbs, lime wedges and drizzle over extra chilli sauce.