Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe – Thai Special
These easy Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are bursting with bold flavor and fresh ingredients. They can be enjoyed as a main dish or served as an appetizer.
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time25 min
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps Ingredients :
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 sweet onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce (found in the Asian section of the grocery tore)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon chunky peanut butter , or smooth
- 1/4 easpoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- crushed red pepper flakes , to taste
- Boston Bib lettuce , or romaine lettuce leaves
How to Make Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
Add the carrots, cabbage, and green onions, cooking an additional 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
In a small bowl, combine the sweet chili sauce, ginger, chunky peanut butter, and soy sauce, and crushed red pepper. Stir until smooth. Add to pan along with chopped cilantro. Stir to coat.
Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and enjoy!