Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe – Chinese Special
Experience a flavor explosion with this Sweet and Sour Pork recipe that’ll transport your taste buds straight to a bustling Asian street market. This dish combines tender pork with a tangy, vibrant sauce for a meal that’s sure to impress your friends and family.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time35 min
Sweet and Sour Pork Ingredients :
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
How To Make Sweet and Sour Pork
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup and soy sauce. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Set remaining marinade aside.
Drain and discard marinade from pork. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil for 3 minutes. Add the onion, carrots, green pepper, garlic and ginger; saute until pork is tender. Add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the pineapple. Serve with rice if desired.
Cool pork mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Serve over rice.