Chicken Noodles Soup Recipe – Chinese Special
Chinese Noodle Soup is incredibly quick and easy – if you know the secret seasonings! You’d swear the Asian soup broth is from a Chinese restaurant, it’s that good. 10 minutes and just 352 calories for a big bowl. Use any noodles, any vegetables, any protein – or not! It’s terrific fridge-forage food.
This is a reader-favourite recipe included by popular demand in my debut cookbook “Dinner”!
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time40 min
Chicken Noodles Soup Ingredients :
- 900ml chicken or vegetable stock (or Miso soup mix)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 175g)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g rice or wheat noodles
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn, canned or frozen
- 2-3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 2 tsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving
- mint or basil leaves and a little shredded chilli (optional), to serve
How To Make Chicken Noodles Soup
Pour the stock into a pan and add the chicken breast, ginger and garlic.
Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, partly cover and simmer for 20
mins, until the chicken is tender.
Put the chicken on a board and shred into bite-size pieces using a couple
of forks. Return the chicken to the stock with the noodles, sweetcorn,
mushrooms, spring onion and soy sauce. Simmer for 3-4 mins until the
noodles are tender.
Ladle into two bowls and scatter over the remaining spring onion, mint or
basil leaves and chilli, if using. Serve with extra soy sauce.
USE A SOUP MAKER
Save time and effort by putting all your ingredients in a soup maker and
whipping up a delicious soup in no time. Read our review on some of the
best soup makers available.
MAKE IT VEGETARIAN
Replace the chicken with 175g firm tofu cut into cubes, simmer for 5
mins, then add the other ingredients as before.