Spanish Sangria Recipe – Spanish Special
This traditional Spanish sangria recipe is quick and easy to make,
and delicious to drink on a hot summer day!
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time2 hr
- Total Time2 hr 10 min
Spanish Sangria Ingredients :
- ¼ cup simple syrup optional
- 1.5 bottles young, fruity red wine good quality but not oaky or
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 green apple cut in chunks (optional)
- 2 peaches or apricots cut in chunks (optional)
- citrus-flavored soda or carbonated water optional
- 2 ounces brandy, vermouth, or other hard liquor optional
How To Make Spanish Sangria
Make the simple syrup by dissolving 3 tablespoons (38g) of
granulated sugar in 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of water over medium
heat, then set aside to chill until ready to use.
Wash the lemons and oranges, then cut off thick pieces of rind.
Juice the lemons and oranges.
Pour the wine, orange juice, lemon juice, and brandy (if using)
into a large pitcher or pot and stir to combine.
Add simple syrup to taste, then add the cinnamon stick and lemon
and orange rind. Add the chunks of green apple and peaches/apricots
at this stage if using.
Let the sangria sit for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight) to
allow the wine to take on the aromas of the citrus rind and
Serve over ice. Add soda or carbonated water right before drinking