Rice Kheer with Berry Compote Recipe – Indian Special
Luscious Rice Kheer with cardamom-rose flavored Berry Compote! A fun fusion recipe with creamy rice kheer pudding served over sweet-tangy berry compote and garnished with slivered pistachios and dried rose petals. A show-stopper dessert that is easy to make and fun to eat!
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time40 min
Rice Kheer with Berry Compote Ingredients :
- 2 cups Rice Kheer
- 1½ cups blueberries
- 1½ cups strawberries chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons honey or to taste
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon rose essence
- 1 tablespoon pistachios sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals
How To Make Rice Kheer with Berry Compote
(1) In a medium sauce pan add blueberries and strawberries. Add honey and mix well.
(2) Cook for 3 to 4 minutes as the berries start to soften. Mash the berries with the back of the spatula to help the berries release juices.
(3) Once the compote gets bubbly turn the heat off. Stir in lemon juice and rose essence.
(4) Allow the compote to cool down to room temperature. You can make the compote 2 to 3 days ahead and refrigerate in an air tight jar
Assemble the jars:-
(1) Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of berry compote to each cup
(2) Layer over with ⅓ cup of rice pudding
(3) Garnnish with pistachios and rose petals
(4 ) Serve chilled or at room temperature