Falooda Recipe – Indian Special
Summer’s best treat, Rose Falooda is a dessert drink with rose syrup, crunchy plump sweet basil seeds, silky noodles, and milk topped with vanilla ice cream. Optionally garnished with nuts or rose petals this cooling drink can be assembled within minutes making it the easiest yet most stunning dessert ever!
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time5 min
- Total Time10 min
Falooda Ingredients :
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil seeds
- ½ cup water
- ½ pack falooda sev or thin corn noodles available in Indian grocery stores
- 4 to 6 tablespoons rose syrup
- 1 cup milk low fat or full fat
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon pistachios sliced
- 1 tablespoon edible dried rose petals
How To Make Falooda Recipe
Soak sweet basil seeds in water
Boil 3 cups of water. Using kitchen sheers cut the falooda noodles into 2 to 3- inch long pieces and then cook them as per the package instructions. Pour in a colander and rinse them in cold water, drain all the water, and set aside.
Assemble the drink in 2 tall glasses by layering 2 tablespoons of soaked sweet basil seeds, 2 tablespoons of cooked noodles and 2 tablespoons of rose syrup
Pour ⅔ cup of milk into each glass. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Garnish with thinly sliced nuts and rose petals. Stir gently and add more rose syrup if needed. Serve immediately.