Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe – Italian Special
Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Asparagus has a lemon garlic and herb sauce that packs so much fresh and amazing flavor. A 30 minute shrimp scampi pasta recipe!
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
Shrimp Scampi Pasta Ingredients:
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2? pieces
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or added to taste
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (16-20 or 21-25 count)
- 1 1/4 tsp fine sea salt , divided, plus more for cooking pasta
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, from 1 large or 2 small lemons
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- freshly grated parmesan, to serve
How to Make Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 Tbsp salt and 1 Tbsp olive oil, and cook pasta according to package instructions until Al’dente, or desired doneness (meanwhile, continue with recipe). Drain pasta, return to pot, and cover to keep warm.
Place a large, deep pan over medium/high heat and add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Add asparagus, season lightly with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
In the same hot skillet, add 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp butter. Once the butter is melted, add minced garlic and red pepper flakes if using, and sautee stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add shrimp in a single layer and season with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Saute until shrimp are pink and not translucent (about 1 minute per side). Be careful not to overcook or the shrimp will be tough.
Add lemon zest, juice, and parsley, and stir to combine. Turn off the heat and return the pasta and asparagus to the pan. Toss everything to combine and serve with freshly grated parmesan.